School Counselor: Michael Plourde
Mr. Plourde can be reached by email at email@example.com
Mrs. Elizabeth Matthews can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Following is the Nashua School District's Attendance Policy
When a child is absent from school, the following procedures will be followed:
1. Parents should contact the school by a designated time, informing school personnel of the child's anticipated absence.
2. In the event parents are not able to contact the school via telephone, a brother or sister or a neighborhood child will be requested to bring a note to the office explaining the absence.
3. When school personnel are not notified by the designated time, and a child does not arrive at school on time, school personnel will contact the parent at either the home telephone number or their business number. If unsuccessful in contacting a family member, a friend or neighbor identified on the emergency card will be called. If no responsible adult can be reached, public safety authorities will be notified.
4. In the event that after following the procedures outlined school personnel are unable to verify the absence, a letter will be sent home through the mail the same day informing parents of this fact.
5. Upon returning to school after an absence, pupils must present a parent-signed acknowledgement indicationg the date(s) and cause of the absence, including absences due to religious observances.
6. If a pupil is absent three or more days, he or she will be seen by the school nurse upon returning to school.
If you are having difficulty getting your child to school, or if tardiness is an issue, we can arrange to have a phone call made to your house in the morning using our automated phone system. Please contact Mr. Plourde in the Guidance Department for assistance.