Welcome to the Nashua High School South Library Media Center.
Our hours are:
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
7:00 to 2:03 on Friday
The library will be open to students during lunch subject to availability (after the first week of school).
Please note, the library occasionally closes for reasons such as snow days or staff meetings.
These closings will be posted at the library entrance.
What will you find in our library?
Books - Including:
- Story collection
- Biographies are integrated into the collection, for example - a book about a scientist would be with the science books.
- Books in other languages such as Spanish, French, German and Latin
- Everybody or Easy Titles (Picture Books)
Reference Materials - are chosen for quality and accuracy
- Most are integrated into the collection
- Others are on our reference island
Audio Visual Materials - Our collection is growing quickly
- Films (videos and DVDs)
- Audios (Including books on tape and some music audios)
To find the above materials, visit our Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) which is like a card catalog online.
Check out the South OPAC here: nsd-libapp.nashua.edu
You can also use the drop down menus to see what the other Nashua School libraries have as well. We can get materials from other locations for you through Interlibrary Loan. Just ask a library staff member for help.
You can also visit the Nashua Public Library OPAC
Peridocals - Ask at the library for user names and passwords!
- Current Subscriptions including popular, news, and research titles
- Past issues of some periodicals for research purposes
- Three Databases (Offers a huge number of magazines and periodicals - ask a librarian for the passwords)
- Discovering Series http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/nash22236 - Use this for historical research, literary criticism, biographical information, and more!!!
- Ebsco Databases http://search.epnet.com - There are many options to choose from here including general, health, business, and education databases
- SIRS www.proquestk12.com - This is a great place to start "issues" reports. You need to type in the name and password then click on SIRS products.
- See also the variety of databases available through the public library. All you need is the last five digits of your public library card. From Worldbook online to car care, from learning and test taking resources to geneology - Check out these great resources available to all Nashua Residents and employees. www.nashualibrary.org/iBrowseAdultAlpha.htm