Your Client's website
Now that you are ready to start creating web pages for your client it is important that we organize your work.
Organization:Create the following folder system in your Web Page design folder.
- Pages - a place for all your .htm and .html files
- Images - a place for all your .gifs and .jpgs files
- PNG - a place for all your original artwork from fireworks.
- Resources - 'junk drawer' , documents from your client, .css, .js files
Get all information from you client in digital form. Do not re-type in documents!
Putting together the Home Page
- Look at your home page design and try to see what kind of layout you have used. It is either:
- table layout.
- css layout
- combination of both.
- Go into Dreamweaver create a new document.
- If you can use a table create that table now.
- If you are using all CSS then create your css document now and decide what your classes are going to be called. Put a div tag in your code for every image piece that you are going to have to place in your layout.
- If you used a css document then save it into your resources folder.
- Save it as default.htm outside all folders but in the Final folder.
- Go into photoshop and create seperate gifs of the different parts of your design. For instance you can grab the title, copy and paste it into a new document and save it as a gif.
- Once you create all your artwork, start to insert it into your layout in Dreamweaver.
- If you used a table layout then insert the pieces into the correct places in your table.
- If you used css then insert the gif files where they belong in the correct div tags.